Movable Type 3.2
July 20, 2007
UFO Resurrection Challenge: Procedure Update
Okay, here's the thing. I do want the challenge to keep going. But I don't think that will happen if I keep feeling like I have to properly catch up on the months where I got behind because of school. I think I'll be able to keep up at this point, due to the lack of school and some other stuff. So we're going to basically split it into two six-month things. Here's what well do...
1. If you participated in those months, e-mail me. If you have pictures or blog post links of what you did, that's great. If not, it's fine. Just tell me what the project was and what you did (ripped out or worked on it). Please e-mail by July 31.
2. I will post blog/picture links for everyone else to see. If you do not want your link posted, please mention that in your e-mail.
3. By August 5, I will have a prize drawing among those who participated all six months.
1. We're basically back to the original plan. Post on your blog and/or e-mail me each month with your project and what you're doing with it.
2. By the weekend after the end of each month, I will post a list (with links) of those who participated that month and have a drawing for a small prize.
3. In early January, I will have the prize drawing for people who participated in all six months (July-December).
1. If you didn't sign up at the beginning but want to sign up for the July-December section, go for it. Just e-mail me by July 31.
2. Are any of you on Ravelry? If there's enough interest, I'll start a UFO Resurrection Challenge group there, just for fun.
Edited to add:
Okay. Does that all sound reasonable? I'm very sorry that I didn't manage to keep up with this during the spring semester, and this is the best way I've come up with to get it restarted. Thanks for your patience.
February 28, 2007
Whoops. It's the last day of the month. How did that happen? Anyway, this month I frogged a sock in progress. I really like the yarn, but was eh on how the sock was coming out. So now I have the pretty yarn with which to do something else!
Sorry for the lack of posting recently. I'm okay, just... preoccupied. I hate February. I'll post more in March; I promise.
February 02, 2007
Yet another UFO Challenge rules clarification
Okay. I'm going to change things slightly, because I don't want to totally leave out people who didn't find out in time to sign up in January. Or people who don't have enough UFOs for the whole year. Or anyone. So. New procedure:
1. Sign-ups are not, in fact, closed. If you name is not on the right sidebar, make sure you comment or e-mail me. Signing up with me does NOT sign you up for the RingSurf ring. You need to do that separately.
2. As I've said before, each month that you participate, you should post (or comment or e-mail here, if you don't have a blog) about your UFO for the month, and whether you're working on it or frogging it. Make sure you make it clear in your post that the project is for this challenge so I don't have to read your mind. If you honestly work on something one month but don't have a chance to post it until the first or second of the next month, I'll give a little leeway with that (again, as long as you make it really clear which month the project is for), but try not to let that happen every month.
3. Each month, I will compile a list of the people who have participated, and post it sometime the next month. (Hopefully in the first week, but things happen.) I will do a random drawing from among the monthly participants for a small prize.
4. At the end of the year, I will put together the list of people who participated all twelve months, and do the "grand prize" drawing from among those names.
So, basically, you can sign up whenever, skip months, etc. and still be eligible for the small monthly prizes. But to qualify for the grand prize, you have to have been at it all year. That seem fair enough?
Working on January's list now...
January 31, 2007
UFO Challenge Clarification
Okay, a few people have asked whether you need to post your UFO progress here each month. You can, but you don't have to. If you have your own blog, you're encouraged to post your UFO there each month. (Just make sure you say that it's for the challenge.) If you don't have your own blog, you can comment or e-mail me.
January 29, 2007
Caught up. I think.
I think I have finally caught up with all of the submissions as of now. So look at the sidebar, and if your name is missing or your URL is wrong or whatever, let me know. Whew.
Also, if you need help with the ring code or anything, let me know that too. I realized I hadn't said much about it, assuming you'd all joined rings before and knew the drill, but that isn't necessarily true.
January 22, 2007
UFO Resurrection Challenge Ring!
By popular demand: click here to join the UFO Challenge ring! I don't have the time/energy right now to maintain a group blog - you may have noticed that I'm having trouble finding the time/energy to do anything with this blog - but I can manage to keep up a ring. Come join!
January 01, 2007
The UFO Resurrection Challenge has officially begun!
The list of participants should be in the sidebar by the time you read this. If I've left you off the list, let me know. We also have a wonderful button, made by Kat of Kat Knits:
A few things I wanted to mention:
1. There's still time to sign up! Deadline is January 31.
2. Please try to post each month about the item that you're working on or frogging.
3. You don't have to finish the item within the month. You just have to honestly add it back into your rotation of active projects. For example, I might get out a barely-started lace shawl in February, work on it along with one or two other things for a few months, and not finish it until May. That's fine - as long as you're actively working on it, it's no longer a UFO.
Any other questions? Let me know.
What will everyone be working on first? I have an almost-done green cotton baby blanket, and at least five friends expecting babies in the spring, so I think I know what I'll be working on...