Movable Type 3.2
January 12, 2011
Movies Seen in 2011
January 06, 2011
Recipes Tried in 2011
In an effort to expand my repertoire and stop making the same things over and over, I'm going to try at least 100 new-to-me recipes this year. Here's my progress:
1. Crispy Pan-Fried Tofu (1/4)
January 03, 2011
Books Read in 2011
My goal this year is to read 200 books. Here's my progress:
1. Jane by April Lindner (1/2)
January 01, 2011
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year! I hope you're ringing it in in whichever way you prefer. I'm at my parents' house in CT for their big annual New Year's Day Open House. (I brought my chocolate-covered Chex mix. I'm sure you're shocked.) I don't really like the word "resolutions," so I tend to set goals for the New Year instead. My goals for this year - or at least the ones I'm planning to blog about - revolve around spending my leisure time more deliberately doing the things I want to be doing. So!
1. This is the big one. I haven't read anywhere near as much as I've wanted the past few years, and I've also developed a bad habit of starting lots of books and never finishing them, either because they have to go back to the library or because I get distracted. So my goal this year is to finish 200 new-to-me books and blog about them all. I won't promise full reviews of all of them, but I'll at least spend a few sentences telling you about them and what I thought.
2. Watch 100 new-to-me movies (and, again, blog about them). I'm hoping to both see more current movies so I don't feel this end-of-year award season rush again, and to catch up on some classics I've missed.
3. Try 100 new-to-me recipes. I love to cook and bake, but too often end up just falling into a rut of making the same things all the time. And I have tons of cookbooks (and recipes bookmarked online), so I should put them to better list. I'll at least keep a running list here on the blog of what I've tried, and I'll post pictures of any that are interesting or come out particularly well.
I also want to make more of an effort to keep up with new music this year, although I don't have a specific goal with that. And I want to keep running lists of particularly good TV episodes I see and articles/essays I read, so I can do top ten lists of those next year too.
What are your goals for 2011?