Happy New Year!
Happy 2009, everyone! Here's my New Year's resolution for you: I'm going to start blogging regularly again. At least once a week. I promise. I hope it will be more than once a week, but I figure if I commit to something doable, I'll be able to actually follow through. I have a few reading and crafting resolutions, too:
1. Devote more time to reading. I always read at least a few pages before bed, but when I get stressed and busy it's too easy to let any more dedicated reading time just slip. I hate that.
2. Keep a list of the books I read, and review them all here. I did pretty well with this for most of 2008, but lost it toward the end.
3. Read fewer books at once. I think this will help me stay focused and finish more books. I am intrinsically incapable of only reading one book at a time, so I'm going to try for two - a main/serious book and a light book (like a romance novel or cozy mystery) for when I don't have the brainpower for the main book.
4. Read more books I own. I have several bookcases filled with mostly books that I haven't read. I want to go through and read them and decide what I want to keep to reread.
5. Read at least a few books I've been meaning to read for years. I'm not going to make a list in advance, but I have some ideas.
1. Keep a list of everything I knit and crochet, and post pictures here and on Ravelry. Again, I've done okay with this in the past, but I want the list to be comprehensive this year.
2. Finish two projects before buying yarn for and/or starting a new project. I want to decrease my numbers of WIPs, but I know I'll never stick to a stricter rule, so this seems like a good compromise. Exceptions: I can buy more yarn for an already-started project if necessary. If there are several pieces of one gift (like a dishcloth set I'm making now), I can start the next piece of the set after finishing one piece. And if there's an emergency situation - like a sudden baby shower or something - I can start something new but then I have to finish three things the next time.
I'd also like to start writing some movie and TV reviews here, and posting about cooking more. But no specific resolutions there, I don't think.
Posted by Kat at January 1, 2009 10:50 AM