Movable Type 3.2
July 11, 2008
Recipe: Not-Spicy Fruit SalsaFood and cooking
Last weekend, I decided to bring tortilla chips and a few dips to a friend's house. A few of the people present really don't like spicy things, so my challenge was to make a salsa that was flavorful but not at all spicy. Here's what I ended up with...
Not-Spicy Fruit Salsa
(Adapted from the Peach Melon Tomato Salsa recipe in Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything Vegetarian: Simple Meatless Recipes for Great Food - which is, by the way, an amazing cookbook.)
1. Chop peach, canteloupe, tomato, and pepper into very small, approximately uniform pieces. Dump them all in a mixing bowl and stir.
2. Add lime juice and oil oil, and stir so that all the fruit and veggies are coated.
3. Chop the dill, and add it and the mint. Stir well.
4. Taste, and add salt and pepper as necessary. Enjoy!
* This would also probably be great with fresh mint, but my grocery store was all out.Posted by Kat at July 11, 2008 09:17 AM