Happy first day of August, everyone! Since it's August, that means that I start checking the weather forecast obsessively, waiting for the temperatures to drop. (This continues through September. Then in October I check obsessively for any hint of snow. Yeah, I'm a dork.) No real sign of it yet, of course, although it looks like most of next week will be in the low 80s, which will probably feel positively frigid given the high 90s we have at the moment.
August also means a whole month's break from school! I'm sure you're all shocked that I've been constructing a mental to-do list of things to get done this month. But at least they're mostly fun things. So without further ado...
Things to Do in August
* Sew up the freaking baby sweater (yeah, just didn't have time during the Blogathon)
* Finish the baby blanket before he gets too old
* Actually mail the above items plus some other things I have sitting around waiting to get to people
* Read 20 books for the Summer Reading Program
* Clear out Teddy TiVo in preparation for fall TV
* Watch Veronica Mars from Netflix in preparation for picking up with season three on TV
* Get the spinning wheel into a more accessible location and start spinning again
* Rearrange/organize/clean apartment, so I can....
* Adopt a kitten!!!
Also, it seems that a lot of people I care about are going through weird/difficult personal stuff right now. Let's hope August is a better month. You're all in my thoughts.