Movable Type 3.2
July 25, 2006
Blogathon Update!Blogathon 2006
The Blogathon is coming, the Blogathon is coming! It's going to be this coming Saturday to Sunday, starting July 29 at 9 am EST. Thanks to Carrie, Sara, Ali, Chris and Chaos, and several blogless friends and relatives, I've raised $200 for Reach Out and Read so far. (Yes, the sidebar needs to be updated, and no, the correct total isn't showing up on the Blogathon site, because I'll be doing a lump donation at the end of the cash and checks I've been given). Can we get to $250? It's not too late! Click here if you can help. If ten of you each gave $5, we'd be at $250!
So what will be happening during the Blogathon, you ask? Well! Let's see...
Things I Promise Will Happen
2. To tie into the Reach Out and Read theme, once per hour I will post about a favorite children's book or author.
3. I will also finish my first sweater. Seriously. I've been knitting for a long time, and blogging about knitting for four years, and I've never actually finished a sweater. But I have the Mason-Dixon baby kimono almost done, and I'll be sewing it up, with lots of pictures and fanfare, during the Blogathon.
4. SRP progress update. I know I've been slacking on this. Sorry. The progress page will be fully updated.
5. Answering your questions! Is there something you want to know about me? Ask and I may well answer during the Blogathon! It can be trivial or fun or deep... whatever you want. Do you want to know my favorite type of ice cream or the song most likely to make me cry? Or do you wonder about my opinion on some vital issue of wool or politics? Ask away. I'm not promising to answer everything, since this is a very public site, but let's just say that the later it gets, the more likely I'll be to answer your questions.
6. Prizes and surprises! Make sure you stop by during the Blogathon to see what exciting stuff I've come up with to entertain you and myself. One thing I can tell you about now: whoever contacts me during the most number of hours during the Blogathon will get a $10 Borders gift card. This can be comments, IMs (e-mail for my screen name), e-mails, phone calls if you happen to have my number, whatever. (And yes, those of you planning to visit in person, that counts too.) To make this as fair as possible: comments count toward the hour when you commented, not the hour when the post was posted. So if you comment on nine posts from different hours all at once, it only counts once. But if you IM during nine different hours, it counts nine times. And only one point per hour, even if you comment and e-mail, say. The idea is that you're helping keep me awake and un-bored during the 24 hour span.
Things I Hope to Accomplish During the Blogathon (but eh, we'll see...)
1. Watch at least the two Netflix discs I've had sitting around for months (Crash and the third disc of Into the West)
2. Clear out a bunch of space on Teddy TiVo
3. Housework and laundry
4. Catch up on my SRP reviews
5. Finish reading a book or two
6. Read last Sunday's Times and make a decent dent in my stack of unread magazines
7. Finish a few knitting projects
Things That Are Not in the Plan (but will probably happen anyway)
1. Much less productivity than intended
2. Lots of mindless web surfing and ogling of Rowan patterns (my current obsession - more on that later)
3. Too much caffeine
4. Late-night maudlin ramblings
5. At least one freakout about living alone and/or my academic/professional future and/or my romantic life (or lack thereof) and/or my upcoming birthdayPosted by Kat at July 25, 2006 02:32 PM