Movable Type 3.2
July 24, 2006
Monday is for Happy ThingsWheeee! , Wheeee!
* I'm actually in a shockingly good mood this morning.
* The paper is coming along! It's actually almost done! Where it is: Part 1: 10% (but more of it written in my head; this is the 4-page introduction), Part 2: 100%, Part 3: 85%, Part 4: 99%, Part 5: 75%. Yay. I'm hoping to get all those numbers to 100% tonight. Then I just have to make a few PowerPoint slides tomorrow night and I'm set.
* I'm not sick of my topic. I'm planning to read more about it after I finish the paper, even. (The assignment focuses on locating sources, rather than actually reading them all.)
* I got a lot of knitting done over the weekend, too. The Mason-Dixon kimono is almost done, and I think it will be cute, even though my roommate called it "very Picasso" at one point and asked if it was for an alien baby.
* I actually got to bed at a reasonable hour last night, and therefore managed to get up at a reasonable hour, and had dropped off my car with the car people and was at my desk by eight.
* To discover that the application we do all our work in is down. Nice relaxing way to start a Monday. So I just reordered my Netflix queue, and I've been catching up with e-mail and Bloglines.
* There's a bit of a break in the heat. It's still hot, but not unbearably so; there's a nice breeze and it's cooling off at night. Hallelujah. Yesterday I was inside working on the paper all day and I didn't even have to turn on a fan. Of course, this means I've convinced myself that it's "almost fall." Shush. Let me enjoy my delusion.
* Cherry chocolate chip ice cream. I don't normally like cherry-flavored stuff much, but this stuff is YUM. No, I haven't tried Cherry Garcia yet. Yes, I'm planning to.
* My birthday is a week from today!!!Posted by Kat at July 24, 2006 10:08 AM