Movable Type 3.2
November 17, 2005
Dear universe,...and a side of existential angst. , Family , Holidays are supposed to be fun, right? , I cannot believe this is happening. , I love lists! , Of course I can knit that before Christmas. , Randomness , What, me? Have an opinion? , Work
Just a few small requests:
1. The new coworker in the cube next to mine really does not need to talk to himself, randomly laugh vaguely maniacly, or sigh and/or moan at random times. Really.
2. It is getting toward the end of November. Will you get over this wishy-washy "Oh, maybe I'll rain or just fog up everything" thing and just snow already? Hint: This might be easier if you would also stop with the yo-yo temperatures.
3. I like working with the public. Really. I'm just not sure how many more times I can explain something as complex as, oh, alphabetical order or the fact that the bookstore has two floors or how, if you want a price changed, you do in fact have a "price issue" without attaching "you idiot" to the end of all of my sentences. Could we make everyone just a tad smarter?
4. You don't really want Christmas to be in fewer than 40 days. Really. How about an extra week or two? How do you expect me to get all this knitting done?
5. I'd also vaguely like to know how I ended up with two iPods in my desk, but hey, I'm not complaining.
6. Oh, yeah: Thanksgiving. Haven't I agonized over this enough already? Shouldn't it be over by now?