Comments: Wednesday (Holiday-Themed) Randoms

We've always had a tree with the cats, but we hang plastic ornaments on the bottom so they aren't interested in what's hanging higher up.

And our Christmas listening/watching didn't used to commence until after the Macy's Day parade ended with Santa's arrival. But that was back when stores didn't bring Santa out until after he arrived in the parade, whereas I understand in some places he's now out in October! But I admit that I didn't fast forward when a Christmas song came on the iPod last night.

Posted by sprite at November 7, 2007 09:03 AM

You're not going to like my answer to #7: after my birthday. never before. not even on.

But due to my impact on #5, i don't think i can hold you to my rule. Thank you! :)

Posted by Kate at November 7, 2007 01:45 PM

If we waited for the first snowflake, Christmas would come every 30 years. Maybe. I say not until after Thanksgiving, but then I tend to be a bit of a Scrooge.

Why is Dewey having breakfast problems? Hez is happy to be fed an hour earlier and I'm loving that she finally comes in at a decent hour.

Posted by Carrie K at November 7, 2007 03:55 PM

I start listening to Christmas music, watch holiday movies, or specials anytime after Thanksgiving week-end. It's okay then...at least for me...

This time change is a monster! I don't do well with it until about the third week into it.

Posted by Sara at November 7, 2007 04:10 PM

My dad was telling me about a Christmas Ball, which is basically a tree in round form that hangs from your ceiling / curtain rod / whathaveyou. We're thinking of one this year, because with the cat and the puppy, it would just be asking for trouble to have an actual tree. Charlie's first Christmas with us and a tree was a disaster, and Sushi (dog) loves to chew on low branches outside.

As for waiting until the first flake falls... well, one year it was in mid October, the next mid December, the next year it was Thanksgiving, and last year, well, wasn't it around Valentines Day? I say, if it feels good, do it. :)

Hope you're well.

Posted by Ali at November 7, 2007 11:40 PM

If you really want a tree, don't let Dewey stop you. We've also always had trees with cats/kittens (I wouldn't give up a tree for anything). Non breakable ornaments at the bottom, no kitten choking hazards like tinsel, etc. But if you don't want to chance it, sure the other decorating ideas sound good!

Posted by yarnlibrarian at November 8, 2007 08:12 AM