Comments: Crafting Miscellany

Fiber Studio up in Henniker sells roving for spinning, and will let you have it in quantities as small as one ounce. Otherwise, you're usually stuck with variety packs that have an assortment of colors. I know you can usually find those at The Woolery.

Posted by Crafting Jen at September 16, 2007 12:17 PM

Cindi at Yarn and Fiber in Windham has some smaller bags of roving that's coarser, just for needle felting. She has a variety of colors, too. Stop in on a Saturday and say Hi to Gina of Sleepy Eyes Knits :) She's working a few hours here and there now.

Posted by ErickaJo at September 16, 2007 12:43 PM

the JoAnns stores around here have started selling small packs of wool for felting (and other needle felting supplies) recently. they have quite a few colors

Posted by Christy at September 16, 2007 01:35 PM

You could try Creative Fibers in Minneapolis, MN. I know they carry it, I'm not positive if they ship. There's no online shopping cart, but they do carry roving (they do spinning there as well as sell yarns/do knitting). I'm having trouble getting their website to open today, but their phone number is 612-927-8307. They're open from 3-7 on Mondays, then 10:30 a.m. the rest of the week (until 5 or so). Remember you're an hour ahead. Good luck!

Posted by Amy at September 16, 2007 02:32 PM

Oooh, oooh, oooh...Mistah Kottah! Ooooh!

Seriously, Kat - I just found a good source for the roving for you. Merino Wool Sampler at Etsy.com.

This seller even lets you pick out the colors you want in your assortment. I haven't bought from them, so I can't speak to their reputation personally, but they do have a 100% rating.

Hope that helps!

Posted by Crafting Jen at September 16, 2007 03:30 PM

Hi Kat, I am a good source for bits of roving. What colors are you looking for?

Posted by Judy at September 16, 2007 03:59 PM

There is a sheep farm in Epping, NH that sells some needle felting supplies. You can get $1 bags of roving in lots of colors. Here is the website: http://www.riversleafarm.com/ It's exit 7 off of 101 E. The owner is super nice and it's a fun place to visit :)

Posted by Jennifer at September 16, 2007 09:21 PM

Lovely. I think that will work beautifully, and I can't wait to see it.

Harrisville Designs sells small amounts of roving for needle felting. Then there's my basement...

Posted by mamacate at September 16, 2007 09:46 PM

I've got a bit of a roving stash languishing in a tote. And I don't see myself getting around to using it anytime soon. What colors are you looking for?

Posted by Erica at September 22, 2007 02:04 AM