Comments: No more Reading Challenges

Yay for seeing through the "shoulds" to the wisdom of enjoying life in a new way. Quality, not quantity (of anything) really does feel better!

Posted by Nita at January 27, 2007 11:29 AM

Sounds like a plan....

????Scheduled free time, OMG!!!!!

Posted by maureen at January 27, 2007 11:33 AM

I think that's one of the less desirable side effects of blogging - getting sucked into all these alongs and challenges. I'm trying to resist the knitting obligation ones, but so far the Reading Challenges are helping me get stuff either off my shelves and gone, or actually read. But if I was in school? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be participating - I think school provides enough "required reading."

Dewey pictures!! Please?

Posted by Chris at January 27, 2007 12:02 PM

Don't let yourself get too stressed out. This stuff is supposed to be fun. :)

Posted by Arleta at January 27, 2007 12:59 PM

Good for you! It's your life, do with it what makes you happiest. Reading, unless it is required for a class, should be all about fun, whatever that happens to mean at the time you decide which book to read.

Posted by kmkat at January 27, 2007 02:15 PM

I think that's a great idea!

"And yes, this theoretically means I'll have time to post more and keep up better with the UFO challenge administation stuff."

If you were over-booked in the first place doesn't it mean that you shouldn't be doing something to fill in the gap that you made in your schedule?? :-)

Posted by Kristy at January 27, 2007 03:13 PM

I love the reading challenges, and the KAL's, but I can't even pick out clothes the night before that I'll wear the next day.

If it's stressing you, it's definitely something to set aside. Reading has always been fun. Once it hits a list? It seems like homework.

Posted by Carrie K at January 27, 2007 06:34 PM

Good on you for making up your mind to drop the reading challenges! I am a firm believer in the serendipity of book selections - you've just got to go with what your gut instinct tells you you're in the mood for!

Posted by Meg at January 28, 2007 05:37 PM