Comments: Oh, right, Christmas.

I have no idea what your pattern is or who you're making the scarf for, but have you thought about making it a half scarf that attaches under the chin with a a pin? There's a picture of one on page 19 of Alterknits by Leigh Radford, and it's absolutely adorable.

Posted by Kristy at December 22, 2006 12:09 PM

That's a good reminder about not taking out holiday stress on people who are working! Here's hoping you get everything done.

Posted by Chris at December 22, 2006 12:53 PM

I completely understand about the Christmas spirit thing. I still haven't found it -- hopefully I'll hit it soon. And thanks for the PSA... I used to work in retail, so I understand, but I like to take it one step further and remind the jerks in the store to be nice, because I know the sales people are not allowed to say anything!

Posted by miss ewe at December 22, 2006 01:01 PM

I hope you can finish your 18" of scarf, because I need to have faith that I can finish 9" of sock. This is where a true Christmas miracle could come in handy.

I'm glad the holidays have finally clicked for you! May they be merry and bright.

Posted by Rachel at December 22, 2006 04:08 PM

I hope you and Dewey have and wonderful Christmas!!

Posted by Heather at December 22, 2006 08:05 PM

Good luck on finishing your projects! I just finished mine today.

I try to stay away from stores this time of year. I do feel sorry for the people who work at the stores.

Posted by Jenni at December 22, 2006 09:28 PM

Merry Christmas--I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Posted by --Deb at December 22, 2006 09:59 PM

60" is great for a scarf.

I have to admit I'm not nice to people working retail around the holidays. I avoid them. Actually I avoid going in the stores, but it has the same effect. I don't think they'll be lonely. ;)

Have a great time with the folks.

Posted by Ivy at December 23, 2006 08:38 AM

Oh, you just brought back some horrible memories of life in retail sales back when I was in my late teens and early twenties. Those big lines always stressed me out. I could feel my face getting hot, though, I don't know if anyone noticed but me.

Posted by Krista at December 23, 2006 01:38 PM