Comments: Christmas in Miniature

I think your holiday decorations look great! I love them!!! I'm feeling more festive already!

Posted by Leah at December 5, 2006 11:59 AM

If you're not opposed to using electricity to keep you warm, they have electric *mattress pads* that do a wonderful job to keep you warm on those very chilly nights. Heat rises, so you stay warmer than with an electric blanket, and of course, the blankets on top help hold the heat in.

Posted by Amy at December 5, 2006 01:09 PM

Gosh, what a reminder of childhood Christmases. We had a wooden handmade Advent wreath and I loved when Dad would light the candles and read the stories.

Posted by Julie at December 5, 2006 03:38 PM

I love your advent wreath. I can see that coffee table being a toy on its own :)

Posted by mrspao at December 5, 2006 04:22 PM

Very smart idea to not do a tree with a kitten on the way - unless, of course, you wish to sacrifice glass ornaments to the sacred cat god.

A good part of my ornaments went that way one year; it was the last year I bothered with a tree.

3 cats + tree = bad idea

Posted by Cynthia at December 5, 2006 06:16 PM

Ooh, I hate being cold. The penguins are so cute!

Posted by Arleta at December 5, 2006 07:57 PM

My tip for staying warm in bed: An electric blanket or mattress pad. We don't leave it on when we're in bed -- but if you turn it on 30 minutes before bedtime and let everything get thoroughly warm... it's wonderful and cozy, instead of that horrible "I'll just huddle here and try not to freeze to death until the covers warm up" feeling.

Posted by Tracy at December 5, 2006 08:37 PM

I like the little Advent wreath! Um, but not as much as the kitten will. ;)

Posted by Chris at December 5, 2006 09:27 PM

Ooh, I like your candle wreath!
I put a red tablecloth on the table yesterday, and that has been the extent of my Christmas decorating. oh the lameness.

Posted by BigAlice at December 5, 2006 09:59 PM

You might be surprised at how well a kitten and a tree can cohabitate. We put up our tree this weekend - the same day we got our new kitten. While the kitten does like the tree and plays with the small wooden ornaments we placed near the bottom, she's pretty good about the whole thing. None of our other cats have ever bothered our trees either.

Posted by Beth at December 6, 2006 08:16 AM

What a cute christmas decoration and I love the advent wreath. It sure feels like winter out there. Stay warm!

Posted by Kelly at December 6, 2006 06:54 PM