Comments: Knit Unto Others Scarf 2

Well, they are cute, and soft looking. I made a child's poncho from that yarn. Someone gave me the yarn, and it was a gift, and I finished it. That's all I have to say about that project. I totally understand your icks. LOL

p.s. Thanks for the well wishes for SP. We appreciate every one!

Posted by Arleta at December 3, 2006 11:44 AM

Yay indeed! It is lovely.

Posted by Julie at December 3, 2006 04:12 PM

The recipient will love it. I had to laugh when you mentioned Ames. I just found a skein of yarn from my crocheting days that has a Zayre label on it. They were bought out by Ames many many moons ago -- probably about 10 years or so before Ames died.

Posted by twig at December 3, 2006 04:54 PM

I have a lot of trouble with loopy yarn too. I usually end up with the loops getting caught on the needles. The scarf looks really nice though.

Posted by Sydney at December 3, 2006 06:38 PM

It's really cute! But yeah, I hate knitting yarns like that - even if the end result is adorable.

Posted by Chris at December 3, 2006 09:28 PM

Ugh, I HATE that kind of yarn -- the super-acrylic-y shuddery kind with the plastic strings for good measure. For an added bonus, a lot of them are crinkly, which makes counting crochet stitches really, really difficult. I made an entire baby blanket out of it once, and it did come out pretty and soft, but I vowed NEVER AGAIN. (bouclé is almost as bad for me, but not quite.).

Posted by Rachel at December 3, 2006 10:04 PM

LOL about the Ames sticker! I found something with an Ames sticker too. Luckily it wasn't yarn. I was born a yarn snob.

Good luck with the kitten. We're loving Lucy though our older cats are having a tough time adjusting. Right now they're all acting weird. They're petrified of the little thing.

Posted by Beth at December 4, 2006 10:11 PM

Yeah, no tree is probably a good idea this year.

The snowman decoration is cute, but have you seen the commercial for it? If I were waiting hours for a delayed flight and somebody pulled out that thing and turned it on, I seriously would have no choice but to beat them over the head with it.

Posted by AmyK at December 5, 2006 09:02 PM