Comments: Wednesday Randoms!

I think I have the boyfriend sweater curse figured out, though. Women knitted elaborate ganseys for their boyfriends, who turned out to be toads and luckily drowned so we got to make up the story about the 'clan' patterns on the ganseys. It's a better story that way, honest :-)

Posted by beadslut at November 29, 2006 12:06 PM

I thought you would get a kick out of being linked in a Fark thread. I feel like I know a celebrity or something, now.

Posted by Ali at November 29, 2006 05:29 PM

Nope, sorry, can't stand the taste of Halls . . . But, ringlets? You should never brush out a good curl, it's like a sin! (grin)

Posted by --Deb at November 29, 2006 05:54 PM

Brushing is anathema to ringlets! That will only make them flee in terror! I believe minimally "scrunching" with your hands and finding some kind of fantastic leave-in (and then touching your hair as little as possible) is generally the best thing to do. I find that the damper my hair is when I go to bed, the wavier it is when I wake up. I generally don't brush it until right before I get in the shower (although I do run my fingers through it in the morning). Of course, my hair is much shorter than yours...

Posted by Eliz at November 29, 2006 08:06 PM

I hadn't seen that article before. It's been 4 years since then -- are you still friends with the scarf guy? *laugh*

I'd been married for a long long time before I ever started to knit so I didn't have the curse making a difference in my dating days. Thank goodness.

Posted by twig at November 29, 2006 09:43 PM

and tx is supposed to get snow even. temps have droppped from near 80 to 30s in the past several hours.

Posted by aisling at November 29, 2006 10:46 PM

The weather - sounds like you have what we had yesterday or the day before (rain rain rain). Now it's chilly. Still no snow tho.

Posted by Chris at November 29, 2006 11:19 PM