Comments: Progress Report

I love making lists of stuff to do. I hate taking stock of what I accomplished from that list.

Posted by twig at November 20, 2006 10:04 AM

Oops. I should have looked before posting that last comment. :( The coffee hasn't hit yet.

Sorry to hear you're dropping Nano, but I can't say it's a bad decision. I'm at 41K words now, but the whole "quantity over quality" idea isn't working for me. I'm sure I'll finish this year on time. I'm reasonably sure my first NaNo will also be my last.

Posted by Ivy at November 20, 2006 10:18 AM

Where do you find "that cider"? I need something with a little kick for Thanksgiving consumption.

Posted by ali at November 20, 2006 01:33 PM

as a very goal oriented person, I find making lists gets me closer to getting things done.. sometimes, it's more important to enjoy the process than try to do everything... (well that's my story and I'm sticking to it... so I would had done the homework first too)

Posted by polly at November 20, 2006 03:13 PM

Hey...you got a good start on that list. And you certainly accomplished more than I did this weekend.

Posted by Jeanne at November 20, 2006 03:23 PM

Shedir is on my list of patterns I must eventually make - I even have the yarn for it. Might even get to it in the next few years!

Can't wait to see how yours turns out.

Yum! Cider! Have you tried Woodpecker cider? I've got a few bottles chilling in the fridge.

Posted by Cynthia at November 20, 2006 03:54 PM

Well, at least with lists, you know where you stand!

And, I adore fresh apple cider, but it's got to be the real stuff, from a farm stand. The apple juice they sell in the grocery store with the name "cider" just doesn't cut it.

Although, yeah, the Woodpecker alcoholic stuff is darn tasty....

Posted by --Deb at November 20, 2006 06:35 PM

I'm very glad you won't be "distracted and irritable throughout Thanksgiving". I'm planning on bringing some wine down; I'm very intrigued by your cider (and also a little afraid of it). Luckily I don't think Loy owns anything that qualifies as "heavy machinery"...

Posted by Eliz at November 20, 2006 07:57 PM

Numbers 1-4 are exactly the same on my list (Except I'm not working on Shidir). Mac & Cheese sounds yummmmmmy.

I love on that cider post you wrote "the cork wouldn't go back in, so obviously we had to finish it"! Ha! I have the same problem EVERY TIME I open a bottle of wine! ;)

Posted by jessica~ at November 21, 2006 09:33 AM

At least you made a start and you have a list to work from!!

Posted by mrspao at November 21, 2006 01:50 PM

Thanks for coming down today! Sorry I didn't stay to compare knitting-it was supposed to be my day off (as was yesterday) and I was really, really, tired. I've got a few projects in progress (mostly socks, mostly for December, mostly not likely to get completed in time) and I'll post pics this weekend.

Posted by Erica at November 21, 2006 07:06 PM

Yep...I need to make a list. Good idea!

Posted by Jenni at November 21, 2006 07:58 PM

Lots of accomplishments; happy holiday!

Posted by Leslie at November 22, 2006 10:40 AM

I, too, made a good start with the novel during NaNoWriMo, but I've abandoned any hope of reaching 50k. I wanted to actually be able to spend time with loved ones at Thanksgiving and it just wasn't going to happen if I was spending every spare minute at the computer.

I feel somewhat confident that once December is over I will return to the novel. But it's good to know your limits. Cheers to you for knowing what works for you.

Posted by sprite at November 22, 2006 11:52 AM