Comments: Breathe in. Breathe out.

Not liked in blogland? Don't be ridiculous. You're Loved!

Posted by The Feminist Mafia at July 11, 2006 04:52 PM

Whoever told you Summer semester is easier? Summer semester is the definition of hell on earth.

Posted by Christine at July 11, 2006 04:59 PM

I'll second that you are loved, including by usual lurkers.

You sound pretty stressed. (Would chocolate help? Or gin? Or Paxil? When I stop grocery shopping an cooking, I debate between the three.)

I LOVE rule 8 and think it might be a good one in all times of trouble.

Posted by The Purloined Letter at July 11, 2006 05:00 PM

*hugs* You are loved. And appreciated. And I think a bit crazy for trying to do SRP by yourself...

Don't feel bad about not eating so right, but please try to drink water (icky, I don't like water) and remember to brush your teeth twice a day. ;) Actually when I feel groggy and crappy I go brush my teeth. I wish my dentist believed me..

[Luna bars are yummy and healthy(ish) ... ]

Posted by peninah at July 11, 2006 05:02 PM

There is beer in the fridge if you need it -- quite a bit if I recall correctly. :-)

Posted by defulct at July 11, 2006 05:29 PM

Kat, dear, I live like ten minutes away and I work a minute's walk from your cubicle. Vent to me. Let me drop off food, beer, chocolate, yarn, furry things at your apartment sometime. Seriously, if you ever need anything, just ask. Even if we don't know each other that well. I'm more than happy to help you out.

Posted by Ali at July 11, 2006 05:34 PM

You are definitely loved! And you can do it, you know you can! :)
My recommendation for de-stressing (note to self: take my own advice)... try, for just like 10 minutes a day, to sit and do NOTHING. Not watch TV, not knit, not think about homework, NOTHING. I find that it can help a lot -- sometimes even when I'm supposedly relaxing, I'm trying to "rush to relax" which is rather counter-productive, and it's hard to rush when you're doing absolutely nothing ;-)
Good luck!

Posted by Tracy at July 11, 2006 07:09 PM

Not loved in blogland? Aw, Kat, you are appreciated here! Your work on the Knitting Olympics was Herculean. And the SRP was brilliant! I'm enjoying that mightily. :)

You will get through this. I can relate so much to what you write - I always felt overwhelmed when I was taking classes, although I also survived handily.

At least take multivitamins, eh?? I can't lecture anyone about eating right, because I'm a big fan of the popcorn and pinot noir dinner. :)

Posted by Chris at July 11, 2006 08:14 PM

Know that while I may not comment often, I am reading every single post you make. I am cheering for you when good things happen, I am sympathizing when things are rough.

As Ali said, I am likewise only minutes away. What's more, I don't have a day job clogging up my schedule. If I can ever help out by running some errands for you during the day, please let me know. I'd be glad to be able to ease your worries a bit.

Hugs, Kat!

Posted by Jen at July 11, 2006 09:07 PM

If I'd have had a blog during grad school, I'd have written very similar posts on a regular basis. I think your coping list sounds like an excellent strategy. And if people are offering to drop off food, take them up on it! You'll feel loved and fed at the same time.

Posted by Sonya at July 11, 2006 09:11 PM

Oh Kat, I remember those days. Library school is a special kind of hell but we librarylanders are strong and you will make it through.

Check out the latest Cat and Girl - it will cheer you up!

Posted by Deb at July 11, 2006 10:38 PM

I did one summer semester of grad school, which was so traumatic (and aimed at those who weren't working), that I took the fall semester off to recuperate. Christine, is right -- pure hell.

If we can do anything to make it more bearable -- bake, suggest relaxing and mindless knitting patterns, email you our SRP progress so you don't need to come looking for it -- just let us know.

::hug!::

And remember to breathe!

Posted by sprite at July 11, 2006 11:08 PM

If all else fails take a semester off, did similar working FT and schooling FT and finally had to take a semester off from school to recover, what did that do for me? I finished my program one semester later than all the rest of my classmates and it was easier to look for a job in my new field as there weren't any other new grads out there looking at that time of the year!!! Every cloud has a silver lining...

Posted by Maureen at July 12, 2006 12:26 AM

You are likeable in real life! I know how it is to feel unlikeable, though. If there's anything I can do, please, let me know. I have all the time in the world. Just not tomorrow at 8... :(

Posted by Kristy at July 12, 2006 12:00 PM

Hang in there...and of course, you are liked...and for sure appreciated. I would never even come close to putting together such a new SRP as you are doing. You are helping all of us have a wonderful and fun summer by giving us a reason to curl up with a good book!

Posted by Sara at July 12, 2006 04:27 PM