Comments: Summer Reading Thoughts

What self respecting bookstore doesn't have a Death section? I can just picture the look on her face.

I'm trying to think if I have seasonal reading patterns. Probably, because there's so much more time during the summer, or at least it feels that way.

Posted by Carrie K at June 18, 2006 07:02 PM

Tomorrow I add another two books and 934 pages...

Posted by Chris at June 18, 2006 09:20 PM

yeah, it's pretty amazing how people's jaws drop when you tell them, ya we have that it's upstairs in death. and on another note, if i knew how dilligently you were keeping score, i wouldn't have time to comment, i'd have to be reading constantly.

Posted by vickie at June 18, 2006 09:28 PM

A death section, huh? You got me beat. I updated my blog yesterday...two books done.

Posted by Jocele at June 18, 2006 10:12 PM

I just found your blog from a link at Stumbling Over Chaos and I had to comment. We may be living parallel lives!

I too am a Kat with a K (Kathryn -- is that how you spell it?), I knit, I read a lot and remember summer vacation as that magical time when I could read everywhere and constantly, and, and, and... oh, and I worked in a bookstore for a few months many years ago, and more recently worked in a small-town library for several years during a multi-year hiatus from my *real* career as a tax accountant.

I've kept a list of the books I've read each year for the past several years and it's averaged about 95. My knitting has become an obsession in the past few months at the expense of my reading time -- so many book (and skeins), so little time!

Adding your blog to my "Daily" list right now!

Posted by kmkat at June 19, 2006 03:23 AM

I wish a bookstore in my neighborhood had a Death section. That would simply my shopping...

Posted by Christine at June 19, 2006 12:26 PM

Hehe. Death section... Wonder if they got an afterlife section too?

Posted by tiphanie at June 21, 2006 09:36 PM

Ooh, a Death section? So funny! In Feb or March, I recently found some old MHC hardcovers my mom had, and I re-read them too. Fun! : )

Posted by limedragon :-: Harriet at June 25, 2006 12:13 PM