Comments: Catch-Up Randoms

Oh, major bummer about the car - that had to be really $$$. But very cool to get to meet Annie Modesitt! It's probably time reread Confessions...

If you gave up library books for Lent, did you end up buying more books? Or just not reading?!?

Posted by Chris at April 19, 2006 06:48 PM

Ohh I hate those locking parking lots/garages. Some of our on-campus lots lock after 7 pm, so if you have a night class there is always this mad dash to run and move your car to another lot before they lock you in.... sucks yo.

Posted by Angel at April 19, 2006 08:08 PM

Not all garages in New Haven close early.

Also, next time you're down here, try Yarn Barn in Woodbridge. It's not a barn, but still. They have an eclectic selection of yarn and are extremely helpful consulting about projects.

Posted by alice at April 19, 2006 08:17 PM

Now. What was the point of giving up library books for lent? It isn't like, a bad habit or anything. Unless you are like me returning them late & racking up fees. haha.

Posted by aisling at April 19, 2006 10:09 PM

Kat, I was in New Haven, too, this weekend, but I just parked illegally in the lot near Modern, so I lucked out. One night, though, I know they're going to enforce and I'm going to get towed...

Alice, thanks for the recommendation on the Yarn Barn. It's not anywhere near the Book Barn is it?

Posted by sprite at April 19, 2006 10:32 PM

I'm not a fan of Yarn LLC either. The Yarn Barn in Woodbridge is much, much better, and is only a few hundred yards off of Exit 59 on the Merritt/Wilbur Cross.

Posted by Kat at April 19, 2006 11:56 PM

So much New Haven knowledge in these comments! We of course didn't go out of our way to visit Y-LLC. I hope the dozens and dozens of eggs went well. Btw, D decided he would take the interstates home and he refuses to admit that it was longer!

Posted by Lauren at April 20, 2006 12:32 AM

Nope, the Yarn Barn (which isn't in a barn) is nowhere near the Book Barn (which is in several barns). As someone else pointed out, the Yarn Barn is convenient to the Parkway, while the Book Barn is way out in the country.

Posted by alice at April 20, 2006 07:57 PM

That sucks about your car being held hostage all weekend! That would drive me insane.

I'm curious too, did you end up buying more books than you would normally giving up library books for Lent?

Posted by Carrie K at April 23, 2006 01:31 PM