Comments: Passion lives here.

Did the recent relaxation in carry-on regulations include knitting needles? I think when we flew in 2004, crochet hooks were allowed but not knitting needles. Or maybe that was a rumor.

Have a really great trip!

Posted by Rachel at February 11, 2006 12:39 AM

Travel Safely!! You are amazing to be keeping up with all the techno stuff during your trip AND knitting for the KO!

Posted by Jo at February 11, 2006 08:35 AM

I noticed the teams page changed on me last night to that fantasticly organized page - well done!

Posted by Lauren at February 11, 2006 08:50 AM

I visitied several knitting blogs yesterday to take a break from my frustrating knitting project, a simple pattern for a knitting needle roll (oh, yeah, my knittting olympics sock project is somewhere between the shipping warehouse and Tennessee) that I redesigned with a slip-stitch pattern from Slip-Stitch Knitting (does anyone else have trouble with weaving in ends on a slip-stitch pattern that has 5 or more stitches in the contrasting color? It's driving me nuts!!!) Anyway, here I am surfing to avoid the frustration of that pattern and I found an online sale of a "painted" or at least variegated yarn with pink and brown in it (and some other colors as well). So was it you that was looking for wool for someone who likes pink and brown or was it Atla? Perhaps you could pass along the info to her if it wasn't you? Gee it's hard for me to get to the point. The referenced yarn is on sale, online at www.unwindyarn.com. It's Gedifra Distrata Yellow Mix orig. $10; sale at $6.00. Happy travels. bev

Posted by Beverly at February 11, 2006 12:19 PM

Have a great trip and accomplish much knitting!

Posted by Chris at February 11, 2006 01:19 PM

I missed most of the opening - Yoko Ono was there? I do like her - maybe I mean more, appreciate her? Anyway, Ferraris? I think they're very very very hard to make go slow. Because of the engines. I did see the donuts business and I was afraid for the spectators!

I am a Simpson-ite, but watching you all is really fun! And the buttons, I adore the buttons. :) The funny thing is, I did cast on a project last night . . .

Posted by Patti at February 11, 2006 01:49 PM

Kat, Apparently the Ferrari created the Olympic rings by doing doughnuts -- which, if done nicely would require skilled driving. Too bad it was beyond the tv team to show it to us.

And thanks for organizing all the buttons/teams. I'll be joining a couple teams in the next few days!

Rachel, I've flown across the U.S. and to the U.K. over the last 18 months all the while lugging around at least one pair of metal knitting needles (usually with yarn on them, but not always) in my carry-on. I'd say it's generally safe to travel with them, but since each security guard has ultimate say, if you have a valuable pair of needles, I might leave them at home.

Posted by sprite at February 11, 2006 05:52 PM

Kat with a K, just wanted to thank you for helping Steph enter the names for the Knitting Olympics. This is such a fun idea! Thanks for helping to make is possible.

Posted by mellie at February 11, 2006 07:01 PM

Great job getting the teams together, Kat! Really appreciated all your help getting my Hawai`i Nei team all set. What an amazing thing you've done! Good luck knitting!

Posted by Mokihana at February 12, 2006 01:18 AM