Comments: (Not) on Bradley Whitford's mustache

Thank you!

I am one of those fangirls on livejournal - and while i openly admit to said fangirling, I am stunned by just how many people have decided they no longer find him a) attractive enough to watch and b) talented enough to watch. Shallow much?

I wouldn't choose for him to have the 'tache either, but hearing more about his character I can understand it.

Thank you for a brilliant article!

Posted by Marie at January 13, 2010 01:48 PM

I totally agree with your article. He will always be the mot attractive man on the planet, with or without a mustache for all the reasons you've posted!

Posted by Lee at January 13, 2010 02:36 PM

Well, I'm a fangirl and really dislike the 'tasche but I watch anything he is in, regardless of how he looks. I honestly think most true fans feel the same. He can deliver truly memorable screen moments.

I'm more amused by the number of articles appearing about the 'tasche NOW. Honestly, where have these people been???

I disagree slightly with you on point 4. Compared to other celebrities neither he or Jane have kept their kids out of the spotlight. There are many images of them with their parents at celebrity events. Jane recently showed family snaps on TV. Sure, they don't parade their kids a la Suri Cruise but maybe they could take a leave out of the book of Rob Lowe, Nicole Kidman etc. The Whitford children are recognisable in public (I have seen them in NY and knew them immediately)and I don't think that is a positive.

Posted by Kathy at January 13, 2010 03:02 PM

I'm a fan girl, too. The slug doesn't bother me by its existance, really. I mean, it's not the most attractive STYLE of moustache he could grow, and as long as he doesn't let it get either A) too ratty or B) too grey (let's face it, by his own admission, he colors his hair now), I'll cope. But, I still find him hot, if quite adorkable and will continue to watch him, because he's still a good actor AND nice eye candy. This is actually the latest of several staches he's had. He grew one for the version of this show that NBC passed on, he had one years ago when he was trying to look less like a kid and he grew a full 'stache and beard set for an episode of the X Files, which wasn't bad.

As for his kids, well, they kinda have to be out in public to SOME degree, that's simply unavoidable. But, you don't see the oldest, Frances, parading around Hollyweird with a pack of her buddies, wearing less than she wore the day she was born. And none of them are really interested in following in Mom & Dad's footsteps, at least until after college. In fact, he said that one of them didn't want to know from acting AT ALL, and he was pleased about that. They're gonna be just fine.

Posted by Amy at January 14, 2010 12:21 AM

Well said, Kat! My preferance is a moustacheless Bradley, but I'd rather have him on TV with a moustache than not on TV at all. And of course, he's an actor and actor's inhabit new characters all the time, and new characters have different appearances. I love a guy who's prepared to suffer for his art!

Posted by susan at January 25, 2010 10:28 AM

Well, the first I saw Bradley Whitford was on The Good Guys (with the 'stache').
Went on-line tonight to see more pictures of him and I have to say I think he is HOTTER with the stache than without.
What can I say, I am a fan of the stache, especially on him!

Posted by Mary at January 9, 2011 06:59 PM